Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kitecam at Hampton

Session 40.

I took out the 14m Switchblade out in 18 knots, with the kitecam fitted. I got some good speed and few jumps in. I crashed the kite a couple of times and relaunched it as you can see in the video.

I was also tried out a new Cabrinha board with the lace up foot straps (sync bindings). Ivan suggested that my old long Cabrinha board is too narrow and too stiff, while my newer Litewave board is to small for my size, so a board sized between them would be ideal.

I had a bit of difficulty staying upwind, but then the wind speed increased.




Looking out to the breakwater




Wind chart

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit gusty?

Peter Campbell said...

The wind was actually quite consistent. I was flying my 14m kite so I was almost a bit over powered. Plus trying out the new board. It seemed a bit hard to hold the edge and get the kite going hard upwind.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. Canadian Tourism has some great intro kiteboarding footage for beginners off the coast of New Brunswick

Anonymous said...

I must say, you are quite skillful!! I would never dare to do it! great stuff.